Things to do in Oslo, Norway
Oslo, the capital city of Norway, has so much to offer, from fascinating museums and historic landmarks to breathtaking natural scenery. Explore it all with our Oslo day tours!
Oslo Day Tours FAQ’s
Highlights of Oslo include a city bike tour and an Oslo Fjord Cruise. Enjoy the capital of Norway!
“The best way to tell whether the Norwegian is a Norwegian is to say:
“Are you Swedish?” – Odd Borretzen
Some Oslo Day Trip Ideas
- The Fjords – The stunning fjords of Norway, such as the Sognefjord and the Geirangerfjord, are among the most popular day trips from Oslo and offer breathtaking views of the rugged coastline and mountains.
- Hiking in the Oslo Fjord region – The hills and forests surrounding the Oslo Fjord offer numerous opportunities for hiking and outdoor recreation, including the popular trails in the Marka region and the Nordmarka forest.
- The Vikings – The Viking Ship Museum in Oslo is dedicated to preserving the ancient ships of the Vikings, and visitors can also explore the nearby Oseberg burial mound to learn more about Viking history and culture.
- TusenFryd Amusement Park – This popular amusement park, located just outside Oslo, offers a wide range of rides and attractions for families and thrill-seekers.
- Drøbak – This historic town, located about 40 minutes from Oslo, is known for its well-preserved 19th-century wooden buildings and its association with the Christmas season, and visitors can also take a ferry to the nearby island of Håøya.