Tours and Activities in Munich and Bavaria
“Paris is a woman, Munich is a beer.” – Prince Sherbatov
Some Munich Day Trip Ideas
- Neuschwanstein Castle – This fairy-tale castle, located about 2 hours from Munich, is one of the most famous in the world and was the inspiration for the castle in the Disney movie “Sleeping Beauty.”
- Salzburg – This historic city, located about 2 hours from Munich, is known for its Baroque architecture, charming Old Town, and as the birthplace of Mozart.
- Garmisch-Partenkirchen – This ski resort, located about 2 hours from Munich, is one of the most famous in Germany and offers winter sports and scenic views of the Bavarian Alps.
- Lake Starnberg – This scenic lake, located about 30 minutes from Munich, is surrounded by charming towns and villages, as well as parks and gardens.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial – This former concentration camp, located about 30 minutes from Munich, serves as a memorial to the victims of the Holocaust and is a powerful reminder of the atrocities of the Nazi regime.
Book Munich day tours. Visit Neuschwanstein, beer and bike tours, walking tours and more. The best of Munich, Germany.